EMP Attack and Survival: How Bad Could It Be?

Discussion in 'General' started by Chairman, Jan 13, 2020.

1. Chairman

Chairman Administrator Staff Member

As I write, summer is stretching its wings here at my off-grid retreat. The trees are leafing out, the trout stream is flowing, and the birds are singing the praises of re-starting the cycle of life. The absence of electricity makes life here simple (save what the solar system provides). Likewise, no cell service is often a blessing. Of course, this is by choice and not from an EMP attack and survival.
    I know that few people in America will ever find or even be able to appreciate this level of peace.

There is a solemnity of separation from the distractions of the modern world. However, deep down in my prepper’s heart, I feel that what I appreciate as peace may be thrust upon us through little choice of our own
    We may all be put in the position of having to do without modern conveniences when we are hit with an EMP attack. Let’s take a walk down this path before my daily duties call.

Table of Contents

What is an ElectroMagnetic Pulse (EMP)?